The Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR) strongly believes that constitutional endurance in India requires a critical popular allegiance built on a shared understanding of constitutional origins and its role in our everydaylife. CLPR’s Constitutional Culture team produces research and writing, digital public goods and builds civic education initiatives to create a robust constitutional culture in India.
We are looking to hire an Associate Editor/Research Associate to join the Constitutional Culture team. This is a full-time position based in Bengaluru.
Scope of Work
- Engage in research, writing, and public communication that brings India’s richconstitutional and political history to life for diverse audiences.
- Participate in multidisciplinary academic research projects at CLPR and its Indian andinternational partner universities to advance scholarship on India’s constitutional founding.
- Develop and deliver cutting-edge workshops on India’s constitutional and politicalhistory for students of diverse educational backgrounds across the country.
- Assist with organising curated public events for students and the general public.
- Undergraduate degree in law/social sciences/humanities/media/journalism.
- Exceptional research and writing skills that engage with topics on law, history, and politics with literary flair and analytical prowess.
- A desire to contribute to building a vibrant constitutional culture in India.
- A Master’s degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred but not mandatory.
How to Apply
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for Associate Editor/Research Associate | CLPR, 2022’ in the subject of your mail. Attach resume, a statement of purpose, two writing samples (ideally, this should be an academic paper and a journalistic/general piece).
Candidates selected for the first round of interviews will receive a reply within two weeks of their application.