Articles 243P to 243ZG
- Article 243P: Definitions
- Article 243Q: Constitution of Municipalities
- Article 243R: Composition of Municipalities
- Article 243S: Constitution and composition of Wards Committees, etc.
- Article 243T: Reservation of seats
- Article 243U: Duration of Municipalities, etc.
- Article 243V: Disqualifications for membership
- Article 243W: Powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities, etc.
- Article 243X: Power to impose taxes by, and Funds of, the Municipalities
- Article 243Y: Finance Commission
- Article 243Z: Audit of accounts of Municipalities
- Article 243ZA: Elections to the Municipalities
- Article 243ZB: Application to Union territories
- Article 243ZC: Part not to apply to certain areas
- Article 243ZD: Committee for district planning
- Article 243ZE: Committee for Metropolitan planning
- Article 243ZF: Continuance of existing laws and Municipalities
- Article 243ZG: Bar to interference by courts in electoral matters
More About Part IXA: The Municipalities
Part IXA of the Constitution was inserted by the Constitution (Seventy-fourth Amendment) Act, 1992. It contains provisions for local self government at the urban level.